- Ambience- 8/10
- Food- 9/10
- Value for money- 8.5/10
- Service- 8.5/10
- Location- 10/10
- Overall- 9.5/10
Off lately there was a lot of buzz in town about Crave – a new bakery and cake shop in town. So we decided to go there and have some dessert The 3 Hungry Men style.
Located besides hotel Prestige at Balmatta, you can’t miss out on their shiny red board. The ambience is very warm with basic seating. As soon as you enter and turn to right, HALLELUIJAH! You are greeted by so many smiling friends. Right from the owners to the staff and even the cakes on display everyone is always smiling and ready to help you, a sure plus point.
We sat down and as usual we decided to have one of everything they claimed to be the best. First up were snack items.
- Veg/Chicken Burger: with the patties made in house, the veg deserves special mention as it is on the same level of Ideals, chicken is good too.
- Chicken Sandwhich: Good bread but the filling was pretty bland, if that’s your taste this is your dish.
- Puffs: for the vegetarians we recommend the Aloo Capsicum puff and for carnivores try the Chilli Chicken puff.
To wash down the snacks, what does one need? Yeah, shakes! They are the pioneers of the Red Velvet and Nutella Shakes in Mangalore, we promise that you find another one like them. If you do, we will pay for it! The Red Velvet shake is one of a kind, it’s literally like you are drinking the cake, words can’t describe how good it tastes. The next winner is the Nutella Shake, this tastes immaculate and is like a entire meal. They use only 100 % original Nutella. If you like seeing memorabilia ask to see their 5 liter Nutella Jar. It’s perhaps the only one in town. The Kit Kat shake also another shake worthy of mention, do try it.
God always saves the best for last, after a huge belch, we made space for some (LOL) dessert.
- Red Velvet Cheesecake: OMG, perhaps one of the finest cheesecakes in town, a bite of this will leave you spell bound. Try it to believe it. This is also available in the non cheesecake and cup cake versions which are great too. We were so impressed with the Red Velvet cake that Nikhil ordered a huge one for his birthday, what more assurance of taste would you need?
- Baked Blue Berry Cheesecake: baked with fresh blueberry, this one is a winner as the layers are so smooth and flavorful.
- Baclava: an Arabic delight made with pastry and oodles of ghee, nuts and pistachio. They have a great adaptation of it. Mind you, it may look small for a dessert but one of it and you won’t be able to move!
- Lava Cake: Domino’s can officially take a hike, taste this and you will agree with us.
- Choco Raspberry Cake: a layer of raspberry filling, choco filling and cake in between with cream on top. Need I say more?
- Choco Rocks: Little rocks of dark chocolate with almonds and raisins. Yum! (you can’t stop eating it so they sell it in containers because one isn’t enough.)
God be praised our bellies were raised! We had a great time and diabetes by the time we left. But it was totally worth it.
Apart from the above they also have a range of coffees, teas, ice creams and deserts like death by chocolate etc. feel free to try them, you won’t be disappointed. The bread and cookie range deserve special mention, they are the best in Mangalore undoubtedly.
They also take orders for all sorts of cakes, be it in any quantity. In non peak hours your cake will be ready in 20 minutes. So now sweat but do inform them early to be on the safer side. Vegetarians, have no fear as Crave also has EGGLESS cakes for you.
This place is very pocket friendly too cakes cost around 60 rs. snacks around 25 – 50 rs. and shakes at around 100 rs. the quality and quantity is unmatched, so no complains about the price whatsoever. They are open from 11am to 10.30pm but yes their stuff disappears like magic, so please be there early to not be disappointed.
Would we come back to Crave? A 100 times yes, in fact we don’t mind putting a bed there and sleeping. No words to describe how much we love this place.
A huge thanks to Crave for gifting Mangalore what it was always lacking, an international flavor in desserts!Location : Crave – Desserts & Bakes , Deepa Paradise , Beside Hotel Prestige, Balmatta, Mangalore