- Ambience- 9/10
- Food- 9/10
- Value for money- 9/10
- Service- 8/10
- Location- 7.5/10
- Overall- 9/10
If any of you have ever visited or lived in Bahrain then, Central Cafe will certainly make you salivate like Pavlov’s pet. Mr. Prakash Shetty who handles Central cafe felt he owed due diligence to his homeland and therefore decided to open Nirvana in Mangalore.
As soon as you enter Nirvana you will feel nostalgic thanks to the signature seating style which is the same in Bahrain. This section is non AC.
Nirvana is the AC section with plush interiors and ambient lighting.
The kitchen here deserves a special mention as it is spotless.
We were welcomed with their signature Lemon Mint juice which will refresh you for sure. For those of you have an itchy throat, its all smiles once you see the alcohol menu as the rates are very affordable.
Without further ado, the waiter was kind enough to help us order and get us the best. We had a hearty meal and here are the must order items.
1. Nirvana Chicken: this is their version of the ghee roast but its green and not spicy which makes it a great starter.
2. Tava Chicken: this tasted great but it was not boneless and was inconvenient to eat.
3. Nainital Kabab: marinated in beetroot, this was a unique kabab. Recommended for those who love lightly flavoured kababs. If you like a heavier flavour go for the Curry Leaf Kabab.
4. Mongolian Grilled Chicken: this is a one of a kind dish with the chicken so succulent it just melts in your mouth.
5. Veg grill platter: a must try for all veg grill lovers. The potato is to die for.
6. Veg Shanghai: veg balls in Shanghai sauce. Well prepared but mildly spicy.
They have loads of other starters too. Including varieties of fish. In fact their starters itself can make your meal.
We were really full but a meal is incomplete without main course. Therefore we ordered the following.
1. Chicken Dhania Curry: pure bliss, well cooked chicken with a thick Dhania gravy. Goes really will with their rumali roti.
2. Hyderabadi Biryani: the Biryani is great as it has a unique flavour and isn’t extremely spicy either.
3. Chicken White Garlic: something you’ve never had before. Cubes of chicken in white garlic gravy. Goes well with their fried rice.
4. Honey Chilly Paneer: this is a made to order dish as it is not on the menu. Its a perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Everyone will love it for sure.
5. Veg Biryani / Pulav: you can try either and neither will disappoint. Good rice and good masala. Bliss.
With that we were full. They also have a host of vegetarian curries and fish delicacies. Feel free to try them. You won’t be disappointed.
Unfortunately their deserts department is not well developed. Hope they introduce it in the near future.
On the whole Nirvana is a winner for us and one sitting is not enough. We are definitely coming back for more. They also have a NON AC and SMOKING section named as Gauji Gammat which serves the same food, and by chance if you feel you want to go to the other section the staff would guide you to the next section through the Kitchen where you also get to see how clean their kitchen is, this is also one of the concept which we liked the most about the place.
P.S it gets really crowded on weekends and getting your food served could take around 30 minutes. Be prepared, but don’t let that hold you back. Enjoy!Location : Niravana, Roopa Hotel, Near Mandovi Showroom, Balmatta, Mangalore – 575001