- Ambience- 6.5 / 10
- Food- 8.5 / 10
- Value for money- 8 / 10
- Service- 7 / 10
- Location- 8 / 10
- Hygiene: 8 / 10
- Overall: 7.5 / 10
We definitely do have a king size appetite. To fulfill this we headed to Maharaja opposite to Goldfinch hotel near Jyothi Circle.
We entered and had 2 choices of seating either the AC or non AC. Since it was blistering hot we were left with no choice but to go for AC but mind you the non AC looks really beautiful in the night.
The AC ambience had nothing to boast about so we got straight down to business and ordered an array of dishes.
This time we decided to try out some seafood and authentic GSB cuisine as Maharaja has a name for the same.
After a heavy battle we came to a conclusion of the best starters and main course as follows.
1. Crab Shaan: a pure crab lovers delight which had quite a few pieces of crab cooked to perfection in a light tangy sauce which tasted similar to Uruval. The best part? It costed only 250 RS.
2. Prawn Koliwada: not exactly an authentic Koliwada but a decent version of prawns deep fried. This may be given a skip.
3. Seer fish Naked Fry: A gigantic slice of Anjal was given to us fried in Rawa which tasted amazing even though the coating was overpowering and yes this monster just cost us 250 rs.
4. Pomfret Masala Fry: Another yummy classic blended in authentic mangalorean masala and tava fried.
5. Chicken Ghee Roast: OMG! This dish was beyond yum. Tender pieces of chicken in ghee roast style which wasn’t too spicy unlike other places. Don’t give this dish a miss.
After a great round of starters we wanted more and pat came the main course. We had gone for complete authentic Konkani food.
The best dishes were.
1. Prawn Hinga udda 2. Silver fish Alle piyav gashi. 3. Dali Thove.
These 1st 2 dishes can be eaten with rice or neer dosa and the dal with rice ofcourse. They are enough to make a person fall in love with the GSB cuisine. All the above are a must try as each one as their own unique authentic taste to it.
We randomly selected a north Indian gravy for the finale. Chicken Chatpata was a true surprise with a tangy and finger licking taste. Best had with naan/roti.
We had a huge monster sundae for desert which was an ice cream avalanche fit for a family of 5 and again coated only 150 Rs.
We finished our meal with the caramel custard which was by far one of the best ones we’ve had in ages. Do try it.
Ultimately Maharaja is a great place for affordable and authentic food. A must visit with your family. Try it out and let us know if you loved it as much as we did.Stay hungry stay happy! Address : Maharaja | Multi Cuisine Family Restaurant | 1st Floor, Trade Centre, Near Jyothi Talkies, Bunts Hostel, Mangalore – 575003 | Tel : 0824-2441726 | 0824-2441526